What skin condition is causing a scaly rash around my nose?

Seborrheic dermatitis is a skin condition that can cause a red, itchy rash on or around the nose. In most cases, seborrheic dermatitis starts out as little more than dandruff, or flaky skin on the scalp. However, as a case of seborrheic dermatitis worsens, it may produce yellow or red acne-like pimples and scaly skin on the bridge of the nose or on the skin surrounding the nose. Seborrheic dermatitis can turn up elsewhere, too, including the hairline, eyebrows, ears, back, and other parts of the body.

Continue Learning about Skin Disorders

The Link Between Atopic Dermatitis and Food Allergies
Atopic dermatitis, also referred to as AD or eczema, is a chronic skin condition characterized by red, irritated and itchy patches of skin. While ther...
What causes stretch marks?
Stuart A. Linder, MDStuart A. Linder, MD
Stretching of the skin during weight gain and loss leads to stretch mark formation. There is permane...
What’s On My Skin? 8 Common Bumps, Lumps and Growths
What’s On My Skin? 8 Common Bumps, Lumps and GrowthsWhat’s On My Skin? 8 Common Bumps, Lumps and GrowthsWhat’s On My Skin? 8 Common Bumps, Lumps and GrowthsWhat’s On My Skin? 8 Common Bumps, Lumps and Growths
From acne to hives, get the lowdown on your peskiest skin issues. 
What Causes Age Spots?
What Causes Age Spots?