What are some serious health consequences with vitiligo?

Vitiligo does not appear to be medically dangerous. While much is still unknown about vitiligo, the triggers, and the treatment, doctors do know that vitiligo is not a type of skin cancer or chronic infection. The main problem with vitiligo appears to be the cosmetic issues people experience when they lose pigment in their skin.

Continue Learning about Skin Disorders

Prescription Therapies for Pediatric Atopic Dermatitis
Atopic dermatitis affects people of all ages, and millions of children and teens live with the condition. If you are the parent of a child or teen tha...
What makes the skin on my hand get hot, thicken and peel every few months?
Anthony L. Komaroff, MDAnthony L. Komaroff, MD
Many factors can make the skin of one or both hands become irritated and then thicken, and then begi...
6 Things That Can Worsen Atopic Dermatitis
6 Things That Can Worsen Atopic Dermatitis6 Things That Can Worsen Atopic Dermatitis6 Things That Can Worsen Atopic Dermatitis6 Things That Can Worsen Atopic Dermatitis
Dry temperatures, chemicals and other atopic dermatitis triggers to avoid.
How Can I Reduce the Appearance of Cellulite?