What are the main classes of medications for the skin?

Arthur W. Perry, MD
Plastic Surgery
The major classes of drugs for the skin include the alpha hydroxy acids (AHAs), also called fruit acids; vitamin C; vitamin A as tretinoin (Retin-A); and the newest drugs, the peptides. In addition, there are pigment reducers, exfoliants, moisturizers, toners, and cleansers.
Straight Talk about Cosmetic Surgery (Yale University Press Health & Wellness)

The public’s recent exuberance toward cosmetic surgery has spurred an unprecedented demand for appearance-changing procedures. But how can an average consumer discern the hype from solid truth? ...

Continue Learning about Skin Disorders

Ask the Experts: Hereditary Angioedema Risks and Causes
Hereditary angioedima (HAE) is a rare condition that causes attacks of severe swelling. In this video, Dr. Darria Long-Gillespie, Senior Vice Presiden...
How are hemangiomas treated?
Stuart A. Linder, MDStuart A. Linder, MD
The treatment for many superficial hemangiomas is simply a "tincture of time." Many hemangiomas of t...
All-Access Guide to Five Common Skin Conditions
All-Access Guide to Five Common Skin ConditionsAll-Access Guide to Five Common Skin ConditionsAll-Access Guide to Five Common Skin ConditionsAll-Access Guide to Five Common Skin Conditions
Get to the root of common skin disorders, including triggers, treatment and more. 
What Can I Do About My Stretch Marks?
What Can I Do About My Stretch Marks?