What is cutis laxa?

Cutis laxa is a very rare connective tissue disorder. It causes the skin to hang loosely in folds. In more severe cases, the internal organs may be damaged. Its cause is genetic, and in many cases it is first seen shortly after birth, although it may also develop later.

Continue Learning about Skin Disorders

Why Should I See a Dermatologist for Hidradenitis Suppurativa?
Dermatologists are skin specialists and experts in inflammatory skin conditions. In this video, dermatologist Michelle Henry, MD, shares the benefits ...
What should I ask my doctor about my skin?
Review the following questions about skin health so you're prepared to discuss this important he...
6 Things That Can Worsen Atopic Dermatitis
6 Things That Can Worsen Atopic Dermatitis6 Things That Can Worsen Atopic Dermatitis6 Things That Can Worsen Atopic Dermatitis6 Things That Can Worsen Atopic Dermatitis
Dry temperatures, chemicals and other atopic dermatitis triggers to avoid.
How Are Skin Tags Removed?
How Are Skin Tags Removed?