What is a wet dressing?

Wet dressings, also known as wet wrapping or wet bandages, are most often used on children who simply can't stop scratching. After a bath and the application of medication and moisturizers, you can dip bandages or gauze into lukewarm water and wrap the affected areas. On top of the wet layer, apply a layer of dry bandages. Remove both when the wet layer is dry.

Continue Learning about Skin Disorders

Prescription Therapies for Pediatric Atopic Dermatitis
Atopic dermatitis affects people of all ages, and millions of children and teens live with the condition. If you are the parent of a child or teen tha...
When should I see a dermatologist for the first time?
It is never too early to see a dermatologist. There are several reasons to schedule a first appo...
What’s On My Skin? 8 Common Bumps, Lumps and Growths
What’s On My Skin? 8 Common Bumps, Lumps and GrowthsWhat’s On My Skin? 8 Common Bumps, Lumps and GrowthsWhat’s On My Skin? 8 Common Bumps, Lumps and GrowthsWhat’s On My Skin? 8 Common Bumps, Lumps and Growths
From acne to hives, get the lowdown on your peskiest skin issues. 
What Is Rosacea?
What Is Rosacea?