What are some foods that frequently cause hives and allergic reactions?

There are several foods that classically cause allergic reactions, including peanuts, strawberries, eggs, foods containing gluten (a common wheat protein), milk, soy, kiwi and bananas. It's difficult to predict who will have a reaction to a particular food, and we typically recommend that parents introduce foods slowly to closely monitor for reactions to new foods. If there is a strong family history of an allergy to a particular food, it is possible your baby may have these as well.
Some of the most common foods that can produce an allergic reaction are shellfish, fish, nuts, eggs, chocolate and milk. In addition, some food additives, such as salicylates and sulfites, are other potential allergens.

A variety of foods may cause hives, particularly if you are allergic to that food. Some common foods are eggs, milk, and certain fishes. In addition, tomatoes, berries, and chocolate also commonly cause hives.

Continue Learning about Skin Disorders

How Atopic Dermatitis Can Hurt Your Mental Health
Atopic dermatitis, often referred to as AD or eczema, is a skin condition that affects nearly 18 million adults and over 9 million children in the Uni...
How can I detect lichen sclerosus?
Boston Women's Health Book CollectiveBoston Women's Health Book Collective
You can detect lichen sclerosus using the below methods:Self-ExaminationChecking yourself with a mir...
6 Things That Can Worsen Atopic Dermatitis
6 Things That Can Worsen Atopic Dermatitis6 Things That Can Worsen Atopic Dermatitis6 Things That Can Worsen Atopic Dermatitis6 Things That Can Worsen Atopic Dermatitis
Dry temperatures, chemicals and other atopic dermatitis triggers to avoid.
What Can I Do About My Stretch Marks?
What Can I Do About My Stretch Marks?