What can a doctor do for ingrown hair?

Dr. Ellen Marmur, MD
Dermatology

Chronic ingrown hairs, especially if they become infected and inflamed, are grounds for laser hair removal. It's a wonderful option, even for men. It may take ten sessions to do a man's face and three to eight for a woman's bikini line, but the process will put a stop to ingrown hairs forever. Men can then cut shaving down to once every four days, which greatly decreases the occurrence of both razor burn and bumps.

Simple Skin Beauty: Every Woman's Guide to a Lifetime of Healthy, Gorgeous Skin

What if a leading dermatologist just happened to be your best friend and you could ask her anything? DR. ELLEN MARMUR, a world-renowned New York City dermatologist, answers all your questions with...

Continue Learning about Skin Disorders

Prescription Therapies for Pediatric Atopic Dermatitis
Atopic dermatitis affects people of all ages, and millions of children and teens live with the condition. If you are the parent of a child or teen tha...
How should I cleanse my skin if I have melasma?
If you have melasma, a condition that causes brown patches of skin, often on the face, the most impo...
All-Access Guide to Five Common Skin Conditions
All-Access Guide to Five Common Skin ConditionsAll-Access Guide to Five Common Skin ConditionsAll-Access Guide to Five Common Skin ConditionsAll-Access Guide to Five Common Skin Conditions
Get to the root of common skin disorders, including triggers, treatment and more. 
What Causes Cellulite?
What Causes Cellulite?