What skin disorder causes pimples on a man's back?

Pimples on a man's back could be just that: pimples, the small skin bumps caused by acne. This skin condition most commonly affects adolescents but often occurs in adults, too. Another possibility is folliculitis. This condition occurs when hair follicles become infected and inflamed. Folliculitis often causes itching in addition to small red bumps on the skin. In rare cases, pimple-like bumps on a man's back could be a symptom of a more serious condition. If they persist, see a doctor.

Continue Learning about Skin Disorders

Prescription Therapies for Pediatric Atopic Dermatitis
Atopic dermatitis affects people of all ages, and millions of children and teens live with the condition. If you are the parent of a child or teen tha...
What are dermatofibromas?
Rick SayeghRick Sayegh
Dermatofibromas represent a benign proliferation of fibroblasts that sometimes occur as a result of ...
6 Things That Can Worsen Atopic Dermatitis
6 Things That Can Worsen Atopic Dermatitis6 Things That Can Worsen Atopic Dermatitis6 Things That Can Worsen Atopic Dermatitis6 Things That Can Worsen Atopic Dermatitis
Dry temperatures, chemicals and other atopic dermatitis triggers to avoid.
How Can I Reduce the Appearance of Cellulite?