What other conditions have symptoms similar to pityriasis rosea?

The symptoms of some fungal infections, such as ringworm, can resemble those of pityriasis rosea. Despite its name, ringworm is not caused by a worm. This common infection occurs due to fungus infection. Like pityriasis rosea, ringworm causes red, flaky patches on the skin that may itch. However, pityriasis rosea is not caused by a fungus. Since these two conditions require different treatments, it's important for your doctor to make the correct diagnosis.

Continue Learning about Skin Disorders

Treatment Options for Difficult-to-Treat Chronic Hives
Urticaria is the clinical term for hives—red, raised, itchy welts that form on the surface of the skin. Hives are classified as either acute or chroni...
How Can Exfoliating My Skin Keep It Healthy?
What Causes Bumps on Fingers?
What Causes Bumps on Fingers?
What Causes Cellulite?
What Causes Cellulite?