What other conditions have symptoms similar to pityriasis rosea?

The symptoms of some fungal infections, such as ringworm, can resemble those of pityriasis rosea. Despite its name, ringworm is not caused by a worm. This common infection occurs due to fungus infection. Like pityriasis rosea, ringworm causes red, flaky patches on the skin that may itch. However, pityriasis rosea is not caused by a fungus. Since these two conditions require different treatments, it's important for your doctor to make the correct diagnosis.

Continue Learning about Skin Disorders

Ask the Experts: Hereditary Angioedema Risks and Causes
Hereditary angioedima (HAE) is a rare condition that causes attacks of severe swelling. In this video, Dr. Darria Long-Gillespie, Senior Vice Presiden...
What is cutaneous lupus erythematosus?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
Cutaneous lupus erythematosus is a type of lupus that is also known as discoid lupus erythematosus. ...
6 Things That Can Worsen Atopic Dermatitis
6 Things That Can Worsen Atopic Dermatitis6 Things That Can Worsen Atopic Dermatitis6 Things That Can Worsen Atopic Dermatitis6 Things That Can Worsen Atopic Dermatitis
Dry temperatures, chemicals and other atopic dermatitis triggers to avoid.
How Can I Reduce the Appearance of Cellulite?