What complications can I expect from hives?

If you are currently suffering with hives, there are several ways to help address the symptoms over time. First, avoid any food or medication that may make the situation worse. Next, consider cool compresses or luke warm baths to ease the itching and/or burning. You should consult your physician for detailed care instructions.

Continue Learning about Skin Disorders

Questions to Ask a Dermatologist About HS
Hidradenitis suppurativa (HS) is an inflammatory skin disorder that causes breakouts of lesions. These lesions: Can be itchy and painful Can cause...
What is dropsy?
Discovery HealthDiscovery Health
The syndrome now called fluid overload was once known as 'dropsy,' from the Greek word for water.The...
What’s On My Skin? 8 Common Bumps, Lumps and Growths
What’s On My Skin? 8 Common Bumps, Lumps and GrowthsWhat’s On My Skin? 8 Common Bumps, Lumps and GrowthsWhat’s On My Skin? 8 Common Bumps, Lumps and GrowthsWhat’s On My Skin? 8 Common Bumps, Lumps and Growths
From acne to hives, get the lowdown on your peskiest skin issues. 
What Causes Age Spots?
What Causes Age Spots?