What causes large pores?

Aging and genetics are the two primary factors in the size of pores. As you get older, oil and skin cells may build up in your pores, causing them to appear larger as they expand temporarily to accommodate the accumulated cells. Sun damage and lowered skin elasticity also can make pores appear larger.

Continue Learning about Skin Disorders

Ask the Experts: Hereditary Angioedema Risks and Causes
Hereditary angioedima (HAE) is a rare condition that causes attacks of severe swelling. In this video, Dr. Darria Long-Gillespie, Senior Vice Presiden...
What are some treatments for razor bumps?
Jeanine B. Downie, MDJeanine B. Downie, MD
Treatments for razor bumps include benzoyl peroxide products, toners and even prescription-strength ...
What’s On My Skin? 8 Common Bumps, Lumps and Growths
What’s On My Skin? 8 Common Bumps, Lumps and GrowthsWhat’s On My Skin? 8 Common Bumps, Lumps and GrowthsWhat’s On My Skin? 8 Common Bumps, Lumps and GrowthsWhat’s On My Skin? 8 Common Bumps, Lumps and Growths
From acne to hives, get the lowdown on your peskiest skin issues. 
What Are the Symptoms of Rosacea?
What Are the Symptoms of Rosacea?