What should I avoid if I have pityriasis versicolor?

If you have been diagnosed with pityriasis versicolor, keep your skin clean and dry. When your skin becomes exceptionally oily or if you sweat excessively, the yeast normally present on your body can overgrow and cause pityriasis versicolor. Also, you should try to avoid being out in hot, humid weather because these conditions can encourage the growth of fungal infections.

Having a weakened immune system can make you more susceptible to pityriasis versicolor. If you have cancer or an HIV infection, it is even more important to practice good hygiene and keep your skin clean and clear of fungus or bacteria to avoid getting pityriasis versicolor.

If you have any questions about what to avoid if you have pityriasis versicolor, talk with your doctor or dermatologist.

Continue Learning about Skin Disorders

What Causes Cellulite?
What Causes Cellulite?
How Can Exfoliating My Skin Keep It Healthy?
How Are Skin Tags Removed?
How Are Skin Tags Removed?
How Is Rosacea Related to Digestive Health?