What are the treatment options for urticaria?

In many cases, urticaria, or hives, will go away on its own in a few days. However, medications such as antihistamines or corticosteroids can help to ease symptoms. If you have recurring urticaria that causes a severe reaction such as difficulty breathing, you may need an EpiPen. An EpiPen is an emergency dose of adrenaline that you can inject yourself to counteract a reaction.

Continue Learning about Skin Disorders

The Link Between Atopic Dermatitis and Food Allergies
Atopic dermatitis, also referred to as AD or eczema, is a chronic skin condition characterized by red, irritated and itchy patches of skin. While ther...
How do I find a support group for a skin condition?
If you would like to join a support group for people who have your skin condition, ask your doct...
What’s On My Skin? 8 Common Bumps, Lumps and Growths
What’s On My Skin? 8 Common Bumps, Lumps and GrowthsWhat’s On My Skin? 8 Common Bumps, Lumps and GrowthsWhat’s On My Skin? 8 Common Bumps, Lumps and GrowthsWhat’s On My Skin? 8 Common Bumps, Lumps and Growths
From acne to hives, get the lowdown on your peskiest skin issues. 
What Causes Bumps on Fingers?
What Causes Bumps on Fingers?