What are the symptoms of urticaria?

Urticaria, or hives, looks like swollen red circles on the skin. The patches are itchy and irritating, and they can appear on any part of the body. In some cases, urticaria can cause the throat to close up, too, making it difficult to breathe.

Continue Learning about Skin Disorders

Ask the Experts: Hereditary Angioedema Prevention
Hereditary angioedema (HAE) is a rare genetic condition characterized by episodes of severe swelling. In this video, Dr. Mehmet Oz discusses the tellt...
What is lichenification?
Lichenification is a medical term that means "thickened skin." It can result from frequent scratchin...
What’s On My Skin? 8 Common Bumps, Lumps and Growths
What’s On My Skin? 8 Common Bumps, Lumps and GrowthsWhat’s On My Skin? 8 Common Bumps, Lumps and GrowthsWhat’s On My Skin? 8 Common Bumps, Lumps and GrowthsWhat’s On My Skin? 8 Common Bumps, Lumps and Growths
From acne to hives, get the lowdown on your peskiest skin issues. 
What Are the Symptoms of Rosacea?
What Are the Symptoms of Rosacea?