What are the symptoms of cheilitis?

Diana Meeks
Diana Meeks on behalf of Sigma Nursing

Depending on the type of cheilitis you have, your symptoms will vary. With actinic cheilitis, you may experience redness, ulceration, dryness, or grey to white pigmentation on your lower lip. With angular cheilitis, you may notice rough or scaly triangle shaped areas at the corners of your mouth and possibly ulcerations or crustiness. With contact cheilitis, you may experience inflammation of both your lips. The symptoms of exfoliative cheilitis are irritation and burning that starts in the center of the bottom lip and spreads to affect both. With granulomatous cheilitis, you may experience enlargement of one or both lips and they may appear cracked and scaly with a reddish brown coloring.

Continue Learning about Skin Disorders

5 Treatment Options for Chronic Hives
5 Treatment Options for Chronic Hives
Treating chronic hives can be challenging, and different treatments work for different people. Learn about five different treatment options that you m...
What Causes Age Spots?
What Causes Age Spots?
How Can Exfoliating My Skin Keep It Healthy?
How Is Rosacea Related to Digestive Health?