What are the symptoms of cheilitis?

Depending on the type of cheilitis you have, your symptoms will vary. With actinic cheilitis, you may experience redness, ulceration, dryness, or grey to white pigmentation on your lower lip. With angular cheilitis, you may notice rough or scaly triangle shaped areas at the corners of your mouth and possibly ulcerations or crustiness. With contact cheilitis, you may experience inflammation of both your lips. The symptoms of exfoliative cheilitis are irritation and burning that starts in the center of the bottom lip and spreads to affect both. With granulomatous cheilitis, you may experience enlargement of one or both lips and they may appear cracked and scaly with a reddish brown coloring.

Continue Learning about Skin Disorders

The Potential Health Risks of Atopic Dermatitis
Atopic dermatitis, also referred to as AD, is a chronic condition known for causing dry, irritated, itchy patches on the skin. It affects between 10 a...
What causes painful cracks in my heels?
Wear and tear can cause painful cracks in your heals because your feet get a lot of use. It is impor...
What’s On My Skin? 8 Common Bumps, Lumps and Growths
What’s On My Skin? 8 Common Bumps, Lumps and GrowthsWhat’s On My Skin? 8 Common Bumps, Lumps and GrowthsWhat’s On My Skin? 8 Common Bumps, Lumps and GrowthsWhat’s On My Skin? 8 Common Bumps, Lumps and Growths
From acne to hives, get the lowdown on your peskiest skin issues. 
How Is Rosacea Treated?
How Is Rosacea Treated?