What are the symptoms of atopic dermatitis?

Dry, itchy patches of skin are the most common symptom of atopic dermatitis. They can occur anywhere on your body, but they usually develop on areas near your hands, arms, and knees. Often, these patches are red in color, but they may be brown or gray as well. Other symptoms include small, fluid-filled bumps that may ooze and scab over if scratched. While itching is a common symptom, it's important to note that scratching can lead to further irritation.

Continue Learning about Skin Disorders

Why Is My Skin Itchy?
Why Is My Skin Itchy?
In the 1955 Billy Wilder film, The Seven Year Itch, The Girl (Marilyn Monroe) and her neighbor Richard Sherman (Tom Ewell) take a stroll in NYC. As sh...
What is a spermatic cord lipoma?
Dr. Mark S. Litwin, MDDr. Mark S. Litwin, MD
A lipoma is a benign (noncancerous) fatty tumor. Many men develop fatty deposits in the area around ...
All-Access Guide to Five Common Skin Conditions
All-Access Guide to Five Common Skin ConditionsAll-Access Guide to Five Common Skin ConditionsAll-Access Guide to Five Common Skin ConditionsAll-Access Guide to Five Common Skin Conditions
Get to the root of common skin disorders, including triggers, treatment and more. 
How Can Exfoliating My Skin Keep It Healthy?