What are physical hives?

Physical hives are hives caused by allergic reactions to environmental factors such as sunlight, heat, cold, or water.
Physical hives, or physical urticaria, are hives that develop as a result of an exposure to certain elements in the environment. Things such as the sun, water, and certain temperatures can cause physical hives. Prolonged exposure to any of these elements can trigger hives and may irritate the skin.

Continue Learning about Skin Disorders

The Link Between Atopic Dermatitis and Food Allergies
Atopic dermatitis, also referred to as AD or eczema, is a chronic skin condition characterized by red, irritated and itchy patches of skin. While ther...
How is a Spitz nevus treated?
Research indicates that there may be a relationship between a Spitz nevus and melanoma, a deadly...
6 Things That Can Worsen Atopic Dermatitis
6 Things That Can Worsen Atopic Dermatitis6 Things That Can Worsen Atopic Dermatitis6 Things That Can Worsen Atopic Dermatitis6 Things That Can Worsen Atopic Dermatitis
Dry temperatures, chemicals and other atopic dermatitis triggers to avoid.
How Can I Reduce the Appearance of Cellulite?