How does my weight affect my hidradenitis suppurativa?

When you carry extra weight, your skin may rub together. Sweat and bacterial growth may develop, causing infection on the skin. Losing weight can help you manage your hidradenitis suppurativa symptoms.

Continue Learning about Skin Disorders

The Link Between Atopic Dermatitis and Food Allergies
Atopic dermatitis, also referred to as AD or eczema, is a chronic skin condition characterized by red, irritated and itchy patches of skin. While ther...
If I have a mole that changes, do I have melanoma?
Dr. Daniel R. Spogen, MDDr. Daniel R. Spogen, MD
If you have a mole that changes you don't necessarily have melanoma, but it can be a sign of melanom...
What’s On My Skin? 8 Common Bumps, Lumps and Growths
What’s On My Skin? 8 Common Bumps, Lumps and GrowthsWhat’s On My Skin? 8 Common Bumps, Lumps and GrowthsWhat’s On My Skin? 8 Common Bumps, Lumps and GrowthsWhat’s On My Skin? 8 Common Bumps, Lumps and Growths
From acne to hives, get the lowdown on your peskiest skin issues. 
What Is Rosacea?
What Is Rosacea?