What is UV radiation?

UV radiation is light found in sunlight. It can react with your skin to cause problems. Generally, we are protected from the harmful effects of these radiations by the ozone. There are different types of UV lights, A and B. The one that has harmful effects on humans and can lead to cancer due to damage to the skin is the UVB radiation. Although ultraviolet radiation is invisible to the human eye, most people are aware of the effects of UV through sunburn and tanning beds. This is why it is advisable to stay away from direct sunlight at the peak of the day and at tanning beds.

Continue Learning about Skin Disorders

What Causes Hives?
What Causes Hives?
Hives are red, itchy, slightly raised or swollen welts that appear on the surface of the skin. They are also known as wheals, and by their clinical na...
What Are Chronic Hives?
What Are Chronic Hives?
Hives, also known as urticaria, present as swollen welts on the skin. They are often itchy and uncomfortable. Watch this video to learn what makes hiv...
How Can Exfoliating My Skin Keep It Healthy?
What Aggravates Rosacea?
What Aggravates Rosacea?