What are the treatment options for seborrheic dermatitis?

Dr. Jeanne Morrison, PhD

There is currently no treatment guaranteed to eliminate seborrheic dermatitis for good - even prescription treatments are oriented towards simply managing, reducing, and controlling symptoms. The course of treatment is determined by your age, sensitivity of the skin, and where the symptoms are appearing. Treatments vary depending on where the outbreak is taking place and the spread of the affected area and include shampoo, creams, and oral medications.

Continue Learning about Skin Disorders

Differences Between Inducible and Spontaneous Chronic Hives
Hives—also known as wheals, or by their clinical name, urticaria—are red, raised, swollen welts that appear on the surface of the skin. Up to one half...
What Causes Hives?
What Causes Hives?
Hives are red, itchy, slightly raised or swollen welts that appear on the surface of the skin. They are also known as wheals, and by their clinical na...
How Can Exfoliating My Skin Keep It Healthy?
How Are Skin Tags Removed?
How Are Skin Tags Removed?