How can I prevent or treat seborrheic keratoses at home?

Dr. Ellen Marmur, MD
Dermatology

Unfortunately, there is nothing you can do to prevent an SK and nothing you can do yourself to get rid of it. It seems as if you could scratch it right off, but trust me, as annoying as it is, you can scrub all you want and that little keratin blob won't budge.

Simple Skin Beauty: Every Woman's Guide to a Lifetime of Healthy, Gorgeous Skin

What if a leading dermatologist just happened to be your best friend and you could ask her anything? DR. ELLEN MARMUR, a world-renowned New York City dermatologist, answers all your questions with...

Continue Learning about Skin Disorders

Prescription Therapies for Pediatric Atopic Dermatitis
Atopic dermatitis affects people of all ages, and millions of children and teens live with the condition. If you are the parent of a child or teen tha...
How is Parry-Romberg treated?
Treatment for Parry-Romberg syndrome usually requires surgery to reconstruct areas of facial tis...
All-Access Guide to Five Common Skin Conditions
All-Access Guide to Five Common Skin ConditionsAll-Access Guide to Five Common Skin ConditionsAll-Access Guide to Five Common Skin ConditionsAll-Access Guide to Five Common Skin Conditions
Get to the root of common skin disorders, including triggers, treatment and more. 
What Causes Age Spots?
What Causes Age Spots?