How can I prevent or treat seborrheic keratoses at home?

Dr. Ellen Marmur, MD
Dermatology

Unfortunately, there is nothing you can do to prevent an SK and nothing you can do yourself to get rid of it. It seems as if you could scratch it right off, but trust me, as annoying as it is, you can scrub all you want and that little keratin blob won't budge.

Simple Skin Beauty: Every Woman's Guide to a Lifetime of Healthy, Gorgeous Skin

What if a leading dermatologist just happened to be your best friend and you could ask her anything? DR. ELLEN MARMUR, a world-renowned New York City dermatologist, answers all your questions with...

Continue Learning about Skin Disorders

5 Treatment Options for Chronic Hives
5 Treatment Options for Chronic Hives
Treating chronic hives can be challenging, and different treatments work for different people. Learn about five different treatment options that you m...
What Are Chronic Hives?
What Are Chronic Hives?
Hives, also known as urticaria, present as swollen welts on the skin. They are often itchy and uncomfortable. Watch this video to learn what makes hiv...
What Causes Hives?
What Causes Hives?
Hives are red, itchy, slightly raised or swollen welts that appear on the surface of the skin. They are also known as wheals, and by their clinical na...
What Causes Bumps on Fingers?
What Causes Bumps on Fingers?