How can I treat bruises myself?

Madeleine M. Castellanos, MD
Psychiatry
Anything that involves blunt force trauma to the genitals can injure and bruise a man's penis and scrotum. The most common cause is a kick or knee to the groin, either in a fight or accidentally during sports. If you do get bruised, an icepack and rest will usually help you heal. Most guys are all too familiar with that nauseous feeling that comes after getting kicked in the genitals. But if you have worsening pain or swelling, or the nausea continues for more than an hour or so, you should get prompt medical attention, since testicles can get ruptured.

Continue Learning about Skin Disorders

Treatment Options for Difficult-to-Treat Chronic Hives
Urticaria is the clinical term for hives—red, raised, itchy welts that form on the surface of the skin. Hives are classified as either acute or chroni...
5 Treatment Options for Chronic Hives
5 Treatment Options for Chronic Hives
Treating chronic hives can be challenging, and different treatments work for different people. Learn about five different treatment options that you m...
What Aggravates Rosacea?
What Aggravates Rosacea?
How Is Rosacea Related to Digestive Health?