Are there alternative treatments for cheilitis?

Alternative treatments are offered for more serious cases of actinic cheilitis because this specific type can lead to squamous cell carcinoma, which needs to be removed surgically. In this situation, a vermilionectomy is the best option to remove the carcinoma. If your granulomatous cheilitis leads to serious facial palsy then plastic surgery may be a necessary to treat the disfiguration. For angular cheilitis, vitamin B supplements may be helpful to boost the immune system and slowly cure the condition.

Continue Learning about Skin Disorders

How Atopic Dermatitis Can Hurt Your Mental Health
Atopic dermatitis, often referred to as AD or eczema, is a skin condition that affects nearly 18 million adults and over 9 million children in the Uni...
What is contact dermatitis?
Contact dermatitis is a skin inflammation that occurs when the skin has direct contact with a substa...
All-Access Guide to Five Common Skin Conditions
All-Access Guide to Five Common Skin ConditionsAll-Access Guide to Five Common Skin ConditionsAll-Access Guide to Five Common Skin ConditionsAll-Access Guide to Five Common Skin Conditions
Get to the root of common skin disorders, including triggers, treatment and more. 
How Can Exfoliating My Skin Keep It Healthy?