What are the treatment options for cheilitis?

There are many ways to treat your specific type of cheilitis. If you have actinic cheilitis, use a topical chemoexfoliant, a cream that is applied daily for up to 10 days to relieve your symptoms. Surgery and laser vaporization are also options for actinic cheilitis that has developed into squamous cell carcinoma. If you have granulomatous cheilitis, topical corticosteroids are your best treatment option. A change in dentures and vitamin B supplements are the best options to heal your cheilitis if you have angular cheilitis. If you have contact cheilitis, the best way to treat it is with oral corticosteroids or topical ointments.

Continue Learning about Skin Disorders

Why Is My Skin Itchy?
Why Is My Skin Itchy?
In the 1955 Billy Wilder film, The Seven Year Itch, The Girl (Marilyn Monroe) and her neighbor Richard Sherman (Tom Ewell) take a stroll in NYC. As sh...
What should I know about treatments with the drug psoralen?
Psoralen is a type of medication that is used to treat certain skin disorders, including vitilig...
All-Access Guide to Five Common Skin Conditions
All-Access Guide to Five Common Skin ConditionsAll-Access Guide to Five Common Skin ConditionsAll-Access Guide to Five Common Skin ConditionsAll-Access Guide to Five Common Skin Conditions
Get to the root of common skin disorders, including triggers, treatment and more. 
How Is Rosacea Treated?
How Is Rosacea Treated?