Should I talk to my doctor about my atopic dermatitis symptoms?

Dr. Jeanne Morrison, PhD
If you notice that you or your child is displaying symptoms of atopic dermatitis, consult your doctor. While there is no cure for the disease, a proper diagnosis can help you narrow down specific factors that are exacerbating your symptoms. Your doctor may also be able to prescribe creams or oral medications that can help you manage the disease. While a cure doesn't exist, these medications may soothe symptoms. Seeing your doctor early may also help prevent complications, such as skin infections.

Continue Learning about Skin Disorders

Differences Between Inducible and Spontaneous Chronic Hives
Hives—also known as wheals, or by their clinical name, urticaria—are red, raised, swollen welts that appear on the surface of the skin. Up to one half...
15 Things to Record in Your Chronic Hives Symptom Journal
Living with chronic hives can be frustrating and challenging. Known by the clinical name chronic urticaria, chronic hives recur and persist for a peri...
What Causes Age Spots?
What Causes Age Spots?
How Are Skin Tags Removed?
How Are Skin Tags Removed?