Should I talk to my doctor about my dermatitis symptoms?

You should talk to your doctor about your dermatitis symptoms. If a diagnosis is confirmed, there are different treatments available that may alleviate your pain and suffering. Chronic dermatitis can lead to bacterial infections, so you should take it seriously.

Ask your doctor about the full range of treatments for dermatitis. 

Dermatitis can often be treated at home with corticosteroid creams. However, if you've tried to treat it and have been unsuccessful, you should call a doctor. You should also visit with a doctor if your dermatitis is keeping you awake at night or interfering with your regular activities. Also, call your doctor if your skin causes you pain, or if you think you might have an infection.

Continue Learning about Skin Disorders

Ask the Experts: Hereditary Angioedema Risks and Causes
Hereditary angioedima (HAE) is a rare condition that causes attacks of severe swelling. In this video, Dr. Darria Long-Gillespie, Senior Vice Presiden...
How can I manage symptoms of a Spitz nevus?
A Spitz nevus is a mole with a dome-like shape. This type of mole looks very much like melanoma,...
All-Access Guide to Five Common Skin Conditions
All-Access Guide to Five Common Skin ConditionsAll-Access Guide to Five Common Skin ConditionsAll-Access Guide to Five Common Skin ConditionsAll-Access Guide to Five Common Skin Conditions
Get to the root of common skin disorders, including triggers, treatment and more. 
What Can I Do About My Stretch Marks?
What Can I Do About My Stretch Marks?