Should I talk to my doctor about my angioedema symptoms?

Diana Meeks
Diana Meeks on behalf of Sigma Nursing

In many cases, angioedema is mild and can be treated at home. Often, the allergen responsible will be known and can be avoided.
However, if your angioedema causes difficulty swallowing or breathing, if your angioedema occurs over and over without a clear cause, or if your angioedema followed a bee sting, you should see your doctor, or even make a visit to the emergency room. In addition, if you have a family history of hereditary angioedema, you may want to talk to your doctor about your symptoms.

Continue Learning about Skin Disorders

What Are Chronic Hives?
What Are Chronic Hives?
Hives, also known as urticaria, present as swollen welts on the skin. They are often itchy and uncomfortable. Watch this video to learn what makes hiv...
15 Things to Record in Your Chronic Hives Symptom Journal
Living with chronic hives can be frustrating and challenging. Known by the clinical name chronic urticaria, chronic hives recur and persist for a peri...
What Are the Symptoms of Rosacea?
What Are the Symptoms of Rosacea?
What Aggravates Rosacea?
What Aggravates Rosacea?