Should I talk to my doctor about my angioedema symptoms?

In many cases, angioedema is mild and can be treated at home. Often, the allergen responsible will be known and can be avoided.
However, if your angioedema causes difficulty swallowing or breathing, if your angioedema occurs over and over without a clear cause, or if your angioedema followed a bee sting, you should see your doctor, or even make a visit to the emergency room. In addition, if you have a family history of hereditary angioedema, you may want to talk to your doctor about your symptoms.

Continue Learning about Skin Disorders

How Atopic Dermatitis Can Hurt Your Mental Health
Atopic dermatitis, often referred to as AD or eczema, is a skin condition that affects nearly 18 million adults and over 9 million children in the Uni...
How are skin tags removed?
Dr. Doris Day, MDDr. Doris Day, MD
It's fine to rip the tag off a new dress, but leave the removal of skin tags to a pro, says dermatol...
All-Access Guide to Five Common Skin Conditions
All-Access Guide to Five Common Skin ConditionsAll-Access Guide to Five Common Skin ConditionsAll-Access Guide to Five Common Skin ConditionsAll-Access Guide to Five Common Skin Conditions
Get to the root of common skin disorders, including triggers, treatment and more. 
How Can Exfoliating My Skin Keep It Healthy?