How are skin cysts treated?

Stuart A. Linder, MD
Plastic Surgery

Skin cysts can be treated either invasive or noninvasively. A cyst that does not respond to injection of steroids may require a cystectomy surgery through a small incision under local anesthesia in which the cyst, and its capsule is completely exenterated. The space is then cauterized to prevent further cyst formation.

Continue Learning about Skin Disorders

Why Is My Skin Itchy?
Why Is My Skin Itchy?
In the 1955 Billy Wilder film, The Seven Year Itch, The Girl (Marilyn Monroe) and her neighbor Richard Sherman (Tom Ewell) take a stroll in NYC. As sh...
What is a seborrheic keratosis, or SK?
Jill A. Grimes, MDJill A. Grimes, MD
A seborrheic keratosis, or SK for short, is a brown, black, or pale spot that looks like a mole ...
6 Things That Can Worsen Atopic Dermatitis
6 Things That Can Worsen Atopic Dermatitis6 Things That Can Worsen Atopic Dermatitis6 Things That Can Worsen Atopic Dermatitis6 Things That Can Worsen Atopic Dermatitis
Dry temperatures, chemicals and other atopic dermatitis triggers to avoid.
What Causes Bumps on Fingers?
What Causes Bumps on Fingers?