Since I have albinism, will my children have it, too?

There are several forms of albinism; however, the majority of cases are result of genetic inheritance. Both the parents have to carry the recessive gene to pass on albinism. A genetic counselor can help you determine the likelihood of whether your future children may have albinism.

Continue Learning about Skin Disorders

Pediatric Atopic Dermatitis: Understanding Severity
Atopic dermatitis is a skin condition that affects people of all ages, and is fairly common among children and teenagers. The majority of people who h...
When is a scar that has grown bigger a sign of a keloid?
Keloids are overgrown scar formations on the skin. When your skin is cut open, your body repairs t...
6 Things That Can Worsen Atopic Dermatitis
6 Things That Can Worsen Atopic Dermatitis6 Things That Can Worsen Atopic Dermatitis6 Things That Can Worsen Atopic Dermatitis6 Things That Can Worsen Atopic Dermatitis
Dry temperatures, chemicals and other atopic dermatitis triggers to avoid.
What Is Rosacea?
What Is Rosacea?