Should I tell my child's school about his phimosis?

Diana Meeks
Diana Meeks on behalf of Sigma Nursing

If your child suffers from significant symptoms of phimosis, it's a good idea to tell his school. This will help ensure that teachers and other staff are aware of the condition in case symptoms flare up and require attention. The more serious symptoms include urinary tract infections and pain or discomfort while urinating. However, phimosis in children is considered normal and usually doesn't have significant side effects. If your son has never shown any unhealthy or painful symptoms that would require attention, you might not need to mention his condition to the school. In most cases, phimosis heals itself as the child ages.

Continue Learning about Skin Disorders

Differences Between Inducible and Spontaneous Chronic Hives
Hives—also known as wheals, or by their clinical name, urticaria—are red, raised, swollen welts that appear on the surface of the skin. Up to one half...
15 Things to Record in Your Chronic Hives Symptom Journal
Living with chronic hives can be frustrating and challenging. Known by the clinical name chronic urticaria, chronic hives recur and persist for a peri...
What Causes Cellulite?
What Causes Cellulite?
How Is Rosacea Related to Digestive Health?