Should I tell my child's school about his phimosis?

If your child suffers from significant symptoms of phimosis, it's a good idea to tell his school. This will help ensure that teachers and other staff are aware of the condition in case symptoms flare up and require attention. The more serious symptoms include urinary tract infections and pain or discomfort while urinating. However, phimosis in children is considered normal and usually doesn't have significant side effects. If your son has never shown any unhealthy or painful symptoms that would require attention, you might not need to mention his condition to the school. In most cases, phimosis heals itself as the child ages.

Continue Learning about Skin Disorders

The Potential Health Risks of Atopic Dermatitis
Atopic dermatitis, also referred to as AD, is a chronic condition known for causing dry, irritated, itchy patches on the skin. It affects between 10 a...
What makes the skin on my hand get hot, thicken and peel every few months?
Anthony L. Komaroff, MDAnthony L. Komaroff, MD
Many factors can make the skin of one or both hands become irritated and then thicken, and then begi...
What’s On My Skin? 8 Common Bumps, Lumps and Growths
What’s On My Skin? 8 Common Bumps, Lumps and GrowthsWhat’s On My Skin? 8 Common Bumps, Lumps and GrowthsWhat’s On My Skin? 8 Common Bumps, Lumps and GrowthsWhat’s On My Skin? 8 Common Bumps, Lumps and Growths
From acne to hives, get the lowdown on your peskiest skin issues. 
What Causes Cellulite?
What Causes Cellulite?