Should I talk to my doctor about my vitiligo symptoms?

Dr. Jeanne Morrison, PhD

It's important to talk to your doctor if you notice vitiligo symptoms. This is because you can take steps to prevent other related problems, such as skin cancer, from developing. You can also develop inflammation in your eyes, and your ophthamologist can treat this.

If you want to treat the symptoms of your vitiligo, some treatments work best when they are done early, before any spreading of skin patches occurs. Your doctor also needs to rule out whether you have a skin problem with symptoms similar to those of vitiligo. You may need a different kind of treatment for skin problems like psoriasis or dermatitis.

Continue Learning about Skin Disorders

3 Ways to Improve Your Chances of Success When Treating CIU
CIU, or chronic idiopathic hives, can be challenging to treat, but there are a few steps you can take to improve your chances of success. Watch this v...
15 Things to Record in Your Chronic Hives Symptom Journal
Living with chronic hives can be frustrating and challenging. Known by the clinical name chronic urticaria, chronic hives recur and persist for a peri...
What Causes Bumps on Fingers?
What Causes Bumps on Fingers?
What Aggravates Rosacea?
What Aggravates Rosacea?