Should I talk to my doctor about my vitiligo symptoms?

It's important to talk to your doctor if you notice vitiligo symptoms. This is because you can take steps to prevent other related problems, such as skin cancer, from developing. You can also develop inflammation in your eyes, and your ophthamologist can treat this.

If you want to treat the symptoms of your vitiligo, some treatments work best when they are done early, before any spreading of skin patches occurs. Your doctor also needs to rule out whether you have a skin problem with symptoms similar to those of vitiligo. You may need a different kind of treatment for skin problems like psoriasis or dermatitis.

Continue Learning about Skin Disorders

How Atopic Dermatitis Can Hurt Your Mental Health
Atopic dermatitis, often referred to as AD or eczema, is a skin condition that affects nearly 18 million adults and over 9 million children in the Uni...
How can I avoid getting lamellar Ichthyosis if it runs in my family?
Lamellar ichthyosis is not a condition that you can take steps to avoid. People who have lamella...
What’s On My Skin? 8 Common Bumps, Lumps and Growths
What’s On My Skin? 8 Common Bumps, Lumps and GrowthsWhat’s On My Skin? 8 Common Bumps, Lumps and GrowthsWhat’s On My Skin? 8 Common Bumps, Lumps and GrowthsWhat’s On My Skin? 8 Common Bumps, Lumps and Growths
From acne to hives, get the lowdown on your peskiest skin issues. 
How Is Rosacea Treated?
How Is Rosacea Treated?