How can seeing a dermatologist benefit my skin health?

Dr. Doris Day, MD
Dermatology
Your dermatologist can help you understand how your skin is aging and help direct you to the best ingredients, products and procedures to keep your skin looking and feeling it's healthiest best for years to come.

Seeing a dermatologist, or skin doctor, can be beneficial for a number of reasons. If you have a chronic skin condition, a history of skin problems, or another condition that affects your skin's health, it's especially important to see your dermatologist regularly. If you notice sudden symptoms or changes in your skin, you should also see a dermatologist. Also, if you have any risk factors for skin cancer, or if you have a high degree of sun exposure, you should see your dermatologist regularly. A dermatologist will be able to perform screenings and tests that can diagnose any problems, and the dermatologist can help recommend treatment to maximize your skin health.

Continue Learning about Skin Disorders

Why Is My Skin Itchy?
Why Is My Skin Itchy?
In the 1955 Billy Wilder film, The Seven Year Itch, The Girl (Marilyn Monroe) and her neighbor Richard Sherman (Tom Ewell) take a stroll in NYC. As sh...
What might cause red bumps to my eyelid after wearing eyeshadow?
Richard G. Shugarman, MDRichard G. Shugarman, MD
Something is causing an allergic reaction or contact dermatitis. Switch brands, preferably to a ...
All-Access Guide to Five Common Skin Conditions
All-Access Guide to Five Common Skin ConditionsAll-Access Guide to Five Common Skin ConditionsAll-Access Guide to Five Common Skin ConditionsAll-Access Guide to Five Common Skin Conditions
Get to the root of common skin disorders, including triggers, treatment and more. 
How Can I Reduce the Appearance of Cellulite?