Should I talk to my doctor about my perioral dermatitis symptoms?

The extremely persistent nature of perioral dermatitis all but requires a visit to your doctor in order to clear up the symptoms. Furthermore, because the symptoms can be so difficult to get rid of, multiple courses of treatment may be required. If red bumps appear around your mouth and chin, and don't go away over time, consult your doctor for diagnosis and treatment options.

It is wise to talk to your doctor about perioral dermatitis symptoms. Treatment is available for this skin condition. Normally, the main concern with perioral dermatitis is the cosmetic appearance of the red bumps. Still, it’s important for your dermatologist to rule out the possibility of an infection, so see him or her if you are experiencing symptoms. 

Continue Learning about Skin Disorders

Pediatric Atopic Dermatitis: Establishing Routines
Atopic dermatitis, often referred to as eczema, is a common skin condition that affects people of all ages. It is most common in young children, thoug...
Do skin tags cause cancer?
Discovery HealthDiscovery Health
Skin tags are benign tumors, so they are non-cancerous. Because they are not known to become cancero...
6 Things That Can Worsen Atopic Dermatitis
6 Things That Can Worsen Atopic Dermatitis6 Things That Can Worsen Atopic Dermatitis6 Things That Can Worsen Atopic Dermatitis6 Things That Can Worsen Atopic Dermatitis
Dry temperatures, chemicals and other atopic dermatitis triggers to avoid.
How Can I Reduce the Appearance of Cellulite?