Should I talk to my doctor about my cutaneous lupus erythematosus symptoms?

Diana Meeks
Diana Meeks on behalf of Sigma Nursing

If you think you may have some of the symptoms of cutaneous lupus erythematosus (discoid lupus erythematosus), you should consult your doctor. Treatments are available. Also, a small percentage of people with cutaneous lupus erythematosus develop systemic lupus erythematosus, which can affect the internal organs, such as the kidneys, lungs, and heart, as well as the nervous and circulatory systems.

Continue Learning about Skin Disorders

15 Things to Record in Your Chronic Hives Symptom Journal
Living with chronic hives can be frustrating and challenging. Known by the clinical name chronic urticaria, chronic hives recur and persist for a peri...
3 Ways to Improve Your Chances of Success When Treating CIU
CIU, or chronic idiopathic hives, can be challenging to treat, but there are a few steps you can take to improve your chances of success. Watch this v...
Treatment Options for Difficult-to-Treat Chronic Hives
Urticaria is the clinical term for hives—red, raised, itchy welts that form on the surface of the skin. Hives are classified as either acute or chroni...
What Causes Cellulite?
What Causes Cellulite?