Should I talk to my doctor about my cutaneous lupus erythematosus symptoms?

If you think you may have some of the symptoms of cutaneous lupus erythematosus (discoid lupus erythematosus), you should consult your doctor. Treatments are available. Also, a small percentage of people with cutaneous lupus erythematosus develop systemic lupus erythematosus, which can affect the internal organs, such as the kidneys, lungs, and heart, as well as the nervous and circulatory systems.

Continue Learning about Skin Disorders

The Link Between Atopic Dermatitis and Food Allergies
Atopic dermatitis, also referred to as AD or eczema, is a chronic skin condition characterized by red, irritated and itchy patches of skin. While ther...
What is cutaneous lupus erythematosus?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
Cutaneous lupus erythematosus is a type of lupus that is also known as discoid lupus erythematosus. ...
All-Access Guide to Five Common Skin Conditions
All-Access Guide to Five Common Skin ConditionsAll-Access Guide to Five Common Skin ConditionsAll-Access Guide to Five Common Skin ConditionsAll-Access Guide to Five Common Skin Conditions
Get to the root of common skin disorders, including triggers, treatment and more. 
How Are Skin Tags Removed?
How Are Skin Tags Removed?