Are there any racial groups where there is nobody with albinism?

All racial groups have people with albinism. The type of albinism, however, may vary by racial group. For example, OCA I (oculocutaneous albinism, type I) is found among many different groups of people. OCA II is found mainly among sub-Saharan Africans and African-Americans. OCA III is found among people with darker skin, and OCA IV is mainly found among people with Japanese heritage.

Continue Learning about Skin Disorders

How Atopic Dermatitis Can Hurt Your Mental Health
Atopic dermatitis, often referred to as AD or eczema, is a skin condition that affects nearly 18 million adults and over 9 million children in the Uni...
How are skin tags removed?
Dr. Doris Day, MDDr. Doris Day, MD
It's fine to rip the tag off a new dress, but leave the removal of skin tags to a pro, says dermatol...
All-Access Guide to Five Common Skin Conditions
All-Access Guide to Five Common Skin ConditionsAll-Access Guide to Five Common Skin ConditionsAll-Access Guide to Five Common Skin ConditionsAll-Access Guide to Five Common Skin Conditions
Get to the root of common skin disorders, including triggers, treatment and more. 
What Causes Bumps on Fingers?
What Causes Bumps on Fingers?