What is the prognosis for Parry-Romberg?

The prognosis for individuals with Parry-Romberg syndrome varies. In some cases, atrophy ends before the entire face is affected. In mild cases, the disorder usually causes no disability other than cosmetic effects.

This answer is based on source information from the National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke.

Continue Learning about Skin Disorders

Prescription Therapies for Pediatric Atopic Dermatitis
Atopic dermatitis affects people of all ages, and millions of children and teens live with the condition. If you are the parent of a child or teen tha...
What should I do before using a product to treat a skin condition?
Ben KaminskyBen Kaminsky
Before selecting a product to treat a skin condition, it is a good idea to have professional adv...
All-Access Guide to Five Common Skin Conditions
All-Access Guide to Five Common Skin ConditionsAll-Access Guide to Five Common Skin ConditionsAll-Access Guide to Five Common Skin ConditionsAll-Access Guide to Five Common Skin Conditions
Get to the root of common skin disorders, including triggers, treatment and more. 
How Does the Food I Eat Affect My Skin?
How Does the Food I Eat Affect My Skin?