Can I pick up a skin rash in the hospital?

There are many types of skin rashes one can contract while in a hospital. Allergic reaction to medication, allergic contact dermatitis, skin infection, and eczema from xerosis are all possible. It's also possible that your chronic skin condition, such as psoriasis, may get worse while you are in the hospital. Make sure to tell your doctors if you have a history of skin rashes.

Continue Learning about Skin Disorders

The Potential Health Risks of Atopic Dermatitis
Atopic dermatitis, also referred to as AD, is a chronic condition known for causing dry, irritated, itchy patches on the skin. It affects between 10 a...
How can I tell if I have an ingrown pubic hair?
You can tell if you have an ingrown pubic hair if you develop a small, round, painful or itchy bump ...
What’s On My Skin? 8 Common Bumps, Lumps and Growths
What’s On My Skin? 8 Common Bumps, Lumps and GrowthsWhat’s On My Skin? 8 Common Bumps, Lumps and GrowthsWhat’s On My Skin? 8 Common Bumps, Lumps and GrowthsWhat’s On My Skin? 8 Common Bumps, Lumps and Growths
From acne to hives, get the lowdown on your peskiest skin issues. 
What Aggravates Rosacea?
What Aggravates Rosacea?