Could my lipstick have caused my cheilitis?

Chemicals used in lipstick coloring, including eosin are most commonly linked to contact cheilitis. Lanolin, perfumes, and ester gum, which gives lipstick its gloss, are also linked to outbreaks of cheilitis. You may be allergic to some ingredient in your lipstick that provoked the cheilitis.

Continue Learning about Skin Disorders

Hidradenitis Suppurativa: Mental and Emotional Health
Hidradenitis suppurativa (HS) is a chronic skin condition that causes inflamed, painful, boil-like lumps called lesions to form under the skin. Oftent...
What are common skin problems for a woman in her 30s?
Ironically, this has become the pimples-and-wrinkles decade for many women. Stress, overwork, pregna...
6 Things That Can Worsen Atopic Dermatitis
6 Things That Can Worsen Atopic Dermatitis6 Things That Can Worsen Atopic Dermatitis6 Things That Can Worsen Atopic Dermatitis6 Things That Can Worsen Atopic Dermatitis
Dry temperatures, chemicals and other atopic dermatitis triggers to avoid.
What Causes Bumps on Fingers?
What Causes Bumps on Fingers?