If I have a mole that changes, do I have melanoma?

If you have a mole that changes you don't necessarily have melanoma, but it can be a sign of melanoma. Therefore, if a mole changes in appearance or suddenly becomes itchy or irritating it is recommended  that you get it checked by a doctor as soon as possible.

Continue Learning about Skin Disorders

Ask the Experts: Hereditary Angioedema Risks and Causes
Hereditary angioedima (HAE) is a rare condition that causes attacks of severe swelling. In this video, Dr. Darria Long-Gillespie, Senior Vice Presiden...
How serious is my son's erythema nodosum?
Anthony L. Komaroff, MDAnthony L. Komaroff, MD
Erythema nodosum is a lumpy, tender rash due to inflammation of the tissues just beneath the skin. I...
All-Access Guide to Five Common Skin Conditions
All-Access Guide to Five Common Skin ConditionsAll-Access Guide to Five Common Skin ConditionsAll-Access Guide to Five Common Skin ConditionsAll-Access Guide to Five Common Skin Conditions
Get to the root of common skin disorders, including triggers, treatment and more. 
What Causes Age Spots?
What Causes Age Spots?