I use a daily moisturizer, but my skin still gets dry in the winter. Why?

Many people who regularly experience dry, itchy skin in winter find that using a humidifier can help. Because humidity drops outside when it's colder and indoor heat sucks the moisture out of your skin, adding moisture to the air allows your skin to rehydrate while you sleep. In addition, remember that the type of cleanser you use can exacerbate dry skin. Using a mild, moisturizing cleanser can help.

Continue Learning about Skin Disorders

Why Should I See a Dermatologist for Hidradenitis Suppurativa?
Dermatologists are skin specialists and experts in inflammatory skin conditions. In this video, dermatologist Michelle Henry, MD, shares the benefits ...
Does vitiligo affect children differently than adults?
Vitiligo can affect both adults and childern, but the skin treatments for vitiligo may not be approp...
6 Things That Can Worsen Atopic Dermatitis
6 Things That Can Worsen Atopic Dermatitis6 Things That Can Worsen Atopic Dermatitis6 Things That Can Worsen Atopic Dermatitis6 Things That Can Worsen Atopic Dermatitis
Dry temperatures, chemicals and other atopic dermatitis triggers to avoid.
How Does the Food I Eat Affect My Skin?
How Does the Food I Eat Affect My Skin?