How do I manage my angioedema on a daily basis?

Dr. Jeanne Morrison, PhD
While many cases of angioedema are mild, temporary, and nonrecurring, some cases are more severe, even life- threatening. If you experienced a severe case of angioedema, it is important to make efforts to identify the cause of the reaction and avoid it if at all possible. Head to the nearest Emergency Room for swallowing or breathing problems to rule out potentially life-threatening laryngeal edema. You may want to carry tablets of an antihistamine with you in case of accidental exposure. In addition, your doctor may prescribe self-injecting epinephrine, which you should carry with you at all times.

Continue Learning about Skin Disorders

3 Ways to Improve Your Chances of Success When Treating CIU
CIU, or chronic idiopathic hives, can be challenging to treat, but there are a few steps you can take to improve your chances of success. Watch this v...
How Are Skin Tags Removed?
How Are Skin Tags Removed?
How Can Exfoliating My Skin Keep It Healthy?
What Causes Age Spots?
What Causes Age Spots?