How do I manage my angioedema on a daily basis?

While many cases of angioedema are mild, temporary, and nonrecurring, some cases are more severe, even life- threatening. If you experienced a severe case of angioedema, it is important to make efforts to identify the cause of the reaction and avoid it if at all possible. Head to the nearest Emergency Room for swallowing or breathing problems to rule out potentially life-threatening laryngeal edema. You may want to carry tablets of an antihistamine with you in case of accidental exposure. In addition, your doctor may prescribe self-injecting epinephrine, which you should carry with you at all times.

Continue Learning about Skin Disorders

Atopic Dermatitis: Questions for Your Pediatrician
Atopic dermatitis is a common condition that affects millions of people. Most people with atopic dermatitis first experience symptoms as children, typ...
What is contact dermatitis?
Contact dermatitis is a skin condition caused by direct contact with a substance or an allergic reac...
All-Access Guide to Five Common Skin Conditions
All-Access Guide to Five Common Skin ConditionsAll-Access Guide to Five Common Skin ConditionsAll-Access Guide to Five Common Skin ConditionsAll-Access Guide to Five Common Skin Conditions
Get to the root of common skin disorders, including triggers, treatment and more. 
What Causes Cellulite?
What Causes Cellulite?