How do I manage my flat warts on a daily basis?

Dr. Jeanne Morrison, PhD

If your flat warts don't bother you or cause pain, you do not need to do anything to them on a daily basis. If you leave them alone, there is a good chance they will go away in one to two years. Be sure not to shave over them or pick at them though, as that may spread warts to other parts of your body. If you do want to remove them, you could try an over-the-counter treatments or talk to your doctor about other options.

Continue Learning about Skin Disorders

Differences Between Inducible and Spontaneous Chronic Hives
Hives—also known as wheals, or by their clinical name, urticaria—are red, raised, swollen welts that appear on the surface of the skin. Up to one half...
Treatment Options for Difficult-to-Treat Chronic Hives
Urticaria is the clinical term for hives—red, raised, itchy welts that form on the surface of the skin. Hives are classified as either acute or chroni...
What Causes Hives?
What Causes Hives?
Hives are red, itchy, slightly raised or swollen welts that appear on the surface of the skin. They are also known as wheals, and by their clinical na...
What Causes Cellulite?
What Causes Cellulite?