How do I manage my flat warts on a daily basis?

Unless your flat warts are painful or make you uncomfortable in some way, there is not much to do on a daily basis. If you are treating your warts, the important thing to remember is to be patient. Many non-surgical treatments can potentially take weeks or months to be effective.

If your flat warts don't bother you or cause pain, you do not need to do anything to them on a daily basis. If you leave them alone, there is a good chance they will go away in one to two years. Be sure not to shave over them or pick at them though, as that may spread warts to other parts of your body. If you do want to remove them, you could try an over-the-counter treatments or talk to your doctor about other options.

Continue Learning about Skin Disorders

Ask the Experts: Hereditary Angioedema Risks and Causes
Hereditary angioedima (HAE) is a rare condition that causes attacks of severe swelling. In this video, Dr. Darria Long-Gillespie, Senior Vice Presiden...
How is a Spitz nevus treated?
Research indicates that there may be a relationship between a Spitz nevus and melanoma, a deadly...
All-Access Guide to Five Common Skin Conditions
All-Access Guide to Five Common Skin ConditionsAll-Access Guide to Five Common Skin ConditionsAll-Access Guide to Five Common Skin ConditionsAll-Access Guide to Five Common Skin Conditions
Get to the root of common skin disorders, including triggers, treatment and more. 
What Is Rosacea?
What Is Rosacea?