Is angioedema related to hives?

Angioedema is similar to hives but not identical. The symptoms of angioedema are more severe than hives, and the condition can be life threatening if it affects your breathing. Angioedema often occurs around the eyes and lips.

Angioedema is a version of hives where the welts are deeper in the skin and focused around the face, eyes, and lips.

Continue Learning about Skin Disorders

Questions to Ask a Dermatologist About HS
Hidradenitis suppurativa (HS) is an inflammatory skin disorder that causes breakouts of lesions. These lesions: Can be itchy and painful Can cause...
How can I get rid of melasma?
YouBeautyYouBeauty
To get rid of melasma, topical lightening creams that contain hydroquinone, licorice root extract, r...
What’s On My Skin? 8 Common Bumps, Lumps and Growths
What’s On My Skin? 8 Common Bumps, Lumps and GrowthsWhat’s On My Skin? 8 Common Bumps, Lumps and GrowthsWhat’s On My Skin? 8 Common Bumps, Lumps and GrowthsWhat’s On My Skin? 8 Common Bumps, Lumps and Growths
From acne to hives, get the lowdown on your peskiest skin issues. 
How Are Skin Tags Removed?
How Are Skin Tags Removed?