How should I manage pityriasis versicolor?

Your doctor or dermatologist can help you understand the best way to manage your pityriasis versicolor. Most people will need an anti-fungal cream or ointment to treat the infection. Also, you should try to manage temperatures so that you do not become overheated or sweat excessively. If you live in a humid or tropical climate, try to stay out of the heat until your pityriasis versicolor is under control. Also, wash your skin with a gentle cleanser and dry it thoroughly before applying the anti-fungal cream or medicine.

Pityriasis versicolor is a fairly common fungal infection that can be managed with the right care. If you have any questions about your skin condition or how to manage it, talk to your doctor or dermatologist.

Continue Learning about Skin Disorders

Atopic Dermatitis: Questions for Your Pediatrician
Atopic dermatitis is a common condition that affects millions of people. Most people with atopic dermatitis first experience symptoms as children, typ...
If I have a mole that changes, do I have melanoma?
Dr. Daniel R. Spogen, MDDr. Daniel R. Spogen, MD
If you have a mole that changes you don't necessarily have melanoma, but it can be a sign of melanom...
6 Things That Can Worsen Atopic Dermatitis
6 Things That Can Worsen Atopic Dermatitis6 Things That Can Worsen Atopic Dermatitis6 Things That Can Worsen Atopic Dermatitis6 Things That Can Worsen Atopic Dermatitis
Dry temperatures, chemicals and other atopic dermatitis triggers to avoid.
What Can I Do About My Stretch Marks?
What Can I Do About My Stretch Marks?