How is severe sweating of the palms and armpits treated?

Some patients experience severe axillary and palmar hyperhidrosis (excessive sweating). Endoscopic thoracic sympathectomy (ETS) of both T3 and T4, or T3/T4 sympathectomy, is an option. The procedure is performed in the same way as T3 sympathectomy for palmar hyperhidrosis, but the lower ganglion (T4) is also blocked with a clamp.

Continue Learning about Skin Disorders

5 Questions and Answers About Hidradenitis Suppurativa
Hidradenitis suppurativa (HS) is a chronic skin condition that can cause boil-like nodules and abscesses, and can lead to scarring (sometimes severe s...
What are the treatments for stretch marks?
Stretch marks are incredibly common among growing teens and pregnant women. In fact, about 70 percen...
6 Things That Can Worsen Atopic Dermatitis
6 Things That Can Worsen Atopic Dermatitis6 Things That Can Worsen Atopic Dermatitis6 Things That Can Worsen Atopic Dermatitis6 Things That Can Worsen Atopic Dermatitis
Dry temperatures, chemicals and other atopic dermatitis triggers to avoid.
What Can I Do About My Stretch Marks?
What Can I Do About My Stretch Marks?