How can I prevent a Spitz nevus?

There is no known way to prevent a Spitz nevus, a type of mole that looks very similar to melanoma, a deadly type of skin cancer. If you have a mole of any kind that looks suspicious or concerns you for any reason, see your doctor or dermatologist for an accurate diagnosis and any necessary treatment.

Continue Learning about Skin Disorders

Ask the Experts: Hereditary Angioedema Risks and Causes
Hereditary angioedima (HAE) is a rare condition that causes attacks of severe swelling. In this video, Dr. Darria Long-Gillespie, Senior Vice Presiden...
What should I do before using a product to treat a skin condition?
Ben KaminskyBen Kaminsky
Before selecting a product to treat a skin condition, it is a good idea to have professional adv...
6 Things That Can Worsen Atopic Dermatitis
6 Things That Can Worsen Atopic Dermatitis6 Things That Can Worsen Atopic Dermatitis6 Things That Can Worsen Atopic Dermatitis6 Things That Can Worsen Atopic Dermatitis
Dry temperatures, chemicals and other atopic dermatitis triggers to avoid.
What Causes Cellulite?
What Causes Cellulite?