How does nummular dermatitis affect the body?

Nummular dermatitis affects the body in several ways. People with nummular dermatitis develop red-colored sores on the skin. These sores are roughly the size and shape of coins. They usually appear on the arms or legs, though they can spread to the midsection.

Nummular dermatitis also produces itching. The skin may become scaly. In severe cases, the skin sores may ooze fluid.

Your doctor or dermatologist can tell you more about how nummular dermatitis affects the body.
People with nummular dermatitis usually have extremely dry skin. Oval- or coin-shaped patches of red, itchy and/or burning blisters then develop on the skin. The legs are the most common locations for these rashes, but they can also form on the arms and torso.

Continue Learning about Skin Disorders

Atopic Dermatitis: Questions for Your Pediatrician
Atopic dermatitis is a common condition that affects millions of people. Most people with atopic dermatitis first experience symptoms as children, typ...
What treatments can help for ichthyosis?
Anthony L. Komaroff, MDAnthony L. Komaroff, MD
Ichthyosis is dry, flaky, scaly skin that can involve large areas of the body's surface. The scales ...
What’s On My Skin? 8 Common Bumps, Lumps and Growths
What’s On My Skin? 8 Common Bumps, Lumps and GrowthsWhat’s On My Skin? 8 Common Bumps, Lumps and GrowthsWhat’s On My Skin? 8 Common Bumps, Lumps and GrowthsWhat’s On My Skin? 8 Common Bumps, Lumps and Growths
From acne to hives, get the lowdown on your peskiest skin issues. 
How Can Exfoliating My Skin Keep It Healthy?