How should I moisturize my skin if I have pityriasis rosea?

If your pityriasis rosea symptoms are mild, you may be able to use an over-the-counter mild moisturizer or one for sensitive skin. However, pityriasis rosea can include scaly or itchy skin symptoms, so your doctor or dermatologist may prescribe a mild hydrocortisone cream to both moisturize the area and soothe the irritated skin.

The first step in understanding how to take care of any skin rash or condition is to see your doctor or dermatologist for an accurate diagnosis and evaluation of your specific skin condition.

Continue Learning about Skin Disorders

Questions to Ask a Dermatologist About HS
Hidradenitis suppurativa (HS) is an inflammatory skin disorder that causes breakouts of lesions. These lesions: Can be itchy and painful Can cause...
How can I avoid getting Darier-White Disease if it runs in my family?
Darier-White disease (also known as Darier disease) is caused by a faulty gene. If Darier-White ...
What’s On My Skin? 8 Common Bumps, Lumps and Growths
What’s On My Skin? 8 Common Bumps, Lumps and GrowthsWhat’s On My Skin? 8 Common Bumps, Lumps and GrowthsWhat’s On My Skin? 8 Common Bumps, Lumps and GrowthsWhat’s On My Skin? 8 Common Bumps, Lumps and Growths
From acne to hives, get the lowdown on your peskiest skin issues. 
What Are the Symptoms of Rosacea?
What Are the Symptoms of Rosacea?