How should I moisturize my skin if I have hives?

Hives (itchy, red welts that pop up on your skin unannounced) can be caused by a number of factors. These factors can range from an allergic reaction to food, medications, or something in your environment to an underlying condition that requires treatment. It's best to consult your doctor or dermatologist to try to find out the source of your hives and how to treat them. He or she can advise you on what skincare products to use during an outbreak.

Continue Learning about Skin Disorders

Pediatric Atopic Dermatitis: Understanding Severity
Atopic dermatitis is a skin condition that affects people of all ages, and is fairly common among children and teenagers. The majority of people who h...
How can I stop an itch?
Jill A. Grimes, MDJill A. Grimes, MD
If you have an itch or an insect bite or sting, try some over-the-counter topical hydrocortisone...
All-Access Guide to Five Common Skin Conditions
All-Access Guide to Five Common Skin ConditionsAll-Access Guide to Five Common Skin ConditionsAll-Access Guide to Five Common Skin ConditionsAll-Access Guide to Five Common Skin Conditions
Get to the root of common skin disorders, including triggers, treatment and more. 
How Can Exfoliating My Skin Keep It Healthy?