How do medications treatment dermatitis herpetiformis?

Dr. Jeanne Morrison, PhD
Dermatitis herpetiformis is treated with the antibiotic dapsone. The drug works to minimize the itching and swelling that result from dermatitis herpetiformis. People who cannot tolerate dapsone may be able to use other prescription medications, but these tend to be less effective. Talk to your doctor to discuss treatment options.

Continue Learning about Skin Disorders

15 Things to Record in Your Chronic Hives Symptom Journal
Living with chronic hives can be frustrating and challenging. Known by the clinical name chronic urticaria, chronic hives recur and persist for a peri...
5 Treatment Options for Chronic Hives
5 Treatment Options for Chronic Hives
Treating chronic hives can be challenging, and different treatments work for different people. Learn about five different treatment options that you m...
How Is Rosacea Treated?
How Is Rosacea Treated?
How Can Exfoliating My Skin Keep It Healthy?